Handwritten notes and illustrations are captured using an ink filled rechargeable digital pen & base unit attached to normal paper. Your notes can then be uploaded via USB cable to PC or Bluetooth to PC, Blackberry and Android.
Once notes are saved to your PC, they can be converted into typed text (30 languages are supported including English & most European, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Hindi, Russian etc) which can then be imported into word processors, such as Microsoft® Word and Open Office. Notes uploaded to your Blackberry or Android device can be exported to Evernote, Google Docs, Facebook, Dropbox etc
While connected to your PC, the pen can be used as a mouse (input device) across all applications, useful when using applications such as Adobe Illustrator, Coral Draw or Inkscape.
The pen can also be used with the 'digital inking' and 'tablet PC' features in Windows® and the 'annotating' features found in Miscroft® Office applications.
More videos are listed under the "Useful downloads" section
- Remotely captures handwritten notes, signatures, maps & sketches
- Bluetooth connection to PC, Blackberry & Android devices
- No need for batteries, recharge the digital pen and base unit via USB
- Once captured, plug in and convert handwritten notes to typed text thanks to the FULL MyScript software included
- MyScript learns your handwriting
- Stores 100 full pages of A4 text
- Export or copy into MS Word® and other applications
- Annotate Microsoft Office documents
- Annotate personalised sketches or .jpg pictures then share on Facebook, Flickr etc.
- Small, portable and simple to use
- Use pen as a mouse/stylus
- Tablet PC and inking features with MS Vista® and Windows 7® & 8®
- Use with ordinary paper and ink
- Create a backup of your notes
- Converts in 30 languages
- Email notes quickly
- MSN Messenger compatible, handwrite messages and sketches
- Recycle your used paper
The mobile notes has two mode:
The rechargeable digital pen and base unit capture handwriting, remotely while the base unit is disconnected or in real time while connected to your PC, Blackberry or Android device. You can save your notes to your PC, where they can be stored allowing you to recycle your paper. Notes can then be converted into editable text with the MyScript recognition software included. From there you can export straight into applications such as MS Word® or Outlook®. While you are away from your PC, notes can be uploaded to a Blackberry or Android device and shared via Evernote, Google Docs, Facebook, Dropbox etc.
Mouse Mode turns the rechargeable digital pen into a mouse (input device) with hovering and 2 button functionality. Using the included MyScript recognition software, your handwriting can be converted in real time replacing your keyboard in all applications requiring text entry. The MyScript software also allows you to digitise handwritten mathematical formulas. You can write directly into Tablet PC applications such as Windows Journal and MS OneNote® as well as annotating in Microsoft® Office applications, for example: sign a Word® document or scribble notes over a PoerPoint® presentation. You can also use the pen as an input device across all application, for example: sketch on paper while also capturing in Adobe Illustrato, Inkscape or Autodesk Sketchbook.
MyScript Notes Features
- Convert manuscripts, diagrams, tables and freehand drawings
- Full text formatting: highlight, underline, colours, alignment, etc
- Convert all or part of your notes
- Save the original manuscript and converted notes within a single file
- The MyScript Trainer improves the recognition of your writing
- Personalise the dictionary to automatically replace abbreviations and acronyms
MyScript Conversion Languages
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- English (Canada)
- English (UK)
- English (US)
- French (Canada)
- French (France)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- Spanish (Mexico)
- Spanish (Spain)
Included in the Box
- 1 x e-pens rechargeable base unit
- 1 x e-pens rechargeable digital pen
- 1 x CD (software & manuals)
- 1 x USB cable
- 1 x Stylus
- 6 x Ink refill
- 1 x Quick start guide
- 1 x Carry case
Minimum System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows® XP, Vista , 7 or 8 (32 or 64 bit)
- Android OS 2.1 and above
- Blackberry 4.6 and above
- 50Mb HD space
- Min 32Mb RAM
- Min 16 bit colour
- 800 x 600 screen resolution
- USB Port
|Country of Manufacture||China|
|Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price||£140|
|VAT Class||VAT 20%|
|MyScript Solutions (included free)||MyScript Notes 3, MyScript Stylus|
|Compatible Systems||Android, Blackberry, PC|
|Pen Style Included||Rechargeable Pen|
Not a game of chase in the playground...but our acronym for Trade, Academia & Government (so it could fit into our tab!).
If you are an individual looking to buy a small number of items you can ignore this section, if however you are from a Trade, Academia or Government organisation, please read on.
If you are a reseller, please sign up here. Once your account has been authorised, you will be able to see and checkout with discounted pricing, access more material in our "useful downloads" tabs, and be able to order marketing material.
EU VAT Registered Business
If you are a non-UK EU VAT registered business, we do not need to charge you VAT on anything you buy from us (as long as delivery is outside of the UK), please sign up here. Once your account has been authorised, you will be able to checkout without having to pay VAT.
Academia & Government
If you are buying on behalf of a school, college, university etc or if you are buying on behalf of a government department, local council etc and would like us to invoice you, please sign up here. Once your account has been authorised, you will be able to enter your "Purchase Order" details within the checkout. We occasionally also offer special prices for our Educational customers!
We normally authorise these "special" accounts within a few minutes during business hours but if may take a little longer in the evenings or at the weekend.
To discover your delivery cost, please add the products you need in the required quantities to your basket and then visit the shopping basket page. If you then enter your delivery address details, all available delivery options will be displayed.
We try our hardest to despatch all orders received before 13:00 (Monday to Friday) on the same day.
For more information, please click here.
We know that you will be pleased with your purchases from Scanning Pens Ltd trading as Digital Pen Shop. However, there may be occasions when you will need to return items to us. Generally, we will be happy to refund or exchange the product providing it's in fully resaleable condition and you have notify us within 14 days of receipt of the item. For more information, please click here.
All new goods supplied by Scanning Pens Ltd trading as Digital Pen Shop have a 12 months manufacturers' warranty period from the date the goods were delivered (unless otherwise stated). For more information, please click here.
We pride ourselves in offering excellent customer service and support. There are lots of useful videos on www.youtube.com/user/scanningpenshop and previously answered questions on each product page and articles in our knowledge base (try our search as well to find answers!) but if you have any other questions or need a hand setting up your device, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Could we ask in the following way:
- Simple product specific questions can be asked directly on the product page by click on the "Ask a Question" link below the product name.
- Contact Us Form - this is best for those complicated or confidential questions
- You can of course, send an email to if you cannot access our Contact Us Form
- Livehelp (located in the bottom right corner on all our website pages) or Skype chat - this is best if you have time and the device to hand and we'll step you through the process there and then
- No digital recording for reference which is always handy to refer back to, but feel free to call us by telephone on 020 7976 4910 if within the UK, +442079764910 if calling from outside the UK or Skype voice
Often the quickest way of solving the problem is for us to logon to your machine and fix it ourselves. If you are happy with us doing that, we may ask you to download this software, for a PC or for a Mac.
Can I use "normal" paper with e-pens?
Yes you can write on any paper. You will have both, hard copy and computer image of the written material. Paper sizes up to A4 are supported by e-pens.
Is the Exam Pen approved for use in all exams?
If the exam is by one of these exam boards.
Please take a look in our knowledge base.